Beeville CampusMiguel AguilarSpecial Needs Coordinator(361) 354-2838, ext. 2728Alice SiteDr. Cynthia AlvaradoStudent Development Specialist(361) 664-2981 ext. 3025Kingsville SiteAmanda BarreraStudent Development Specialist(361) 592-1615 ext. 4077Pleasanton SiteBrittney KrollStudent Development Specialist(830) 569-4222 ext. 1203
Accommodations Request Form (Online)Accommodations Request Form (PDF)
Accommodations Request Form (Online)
Accommodations Renewal Form (PDF)
Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of
the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Coastal Bend College prohibits
discrimination on the basis of disability by public entities and protects
qualified individuals with disabilities from discrimination of services,
programs, or activities by providing equal educational access. Students who are interested in receiving academic accommodations must follow the application process provided below. Disability Services are available to all qualified students attending Coastal Bend College. If you would like more information please contact the Special Needs Coordinator or visit your nearest CBC Location.
1. Fill out and submit the Accommodations Request Form available online or at your nearest CBC location along with your class schedule.
2. Submit appropriate medical documentation from a licensed professional such as: medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.
**Individualized Education Plan (IEPs), 504 plans, and Summary of Performance (SOPs) provide information about the student’s educational and accommodation history. Some of the information may be irrelevant in the post-secondary context therefore, additional documentation may be required. All documentation submitted must be no more than five years old.
**Medical documentation must:
3. The review for accommodations may take up to two weeks. Please plan accordingly and provide all the required documentation to prevent delay in the evaluation process. If additional documentation is needed, you will be contacted by phone, email and/ or U.S. Mail.
4. If you are approved to receive academic accommodations, you will be contacted by the Disability Services Office. You will be asked to schedule an appointment with a Disability Coordinator to discuss accommodations needed.
5. After academic accommodations have been discussed and approved, a letter to your instructor will be sent notifying them of your approved services for the semester. It is your responsibility as a student, to discuss all accommodations needed with the instructor and testing center after receiving initial approval for academic services from Disability Services Office.
1. Fill out and submit the Accommodations Request Form for returning students available online or at your nearest CBC location along with your class schedule.
2. Provide any updated documentation of your disability.
3. If there will be any changes in your accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Office to discuss them.
4. Pick up letters of Accommodation and deliver them to your instructors.
5. If you are taking online classes, the Disability Services Office will email letters to you and your instructors.
***It is your responsibility as a student to apply for academic accommodations as needed each semester.