• Office of Disability Services

    The Office of Disability Services is committed in creating an accessible learning environment for all students with disabilities that complies with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990 and Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Coastal Bend College strives to inform and educate all members of the college community to promote diversity that honors and appreciates disability. Students who are interested in receiving academic accommodations must follow the Accommodations Request Process. If you would like more information please contact the Disability Services Coordinator or visit your nearest CBC location.  

  •   Accommodation's Request Process

       New Students     

    1.     Fill out and submit the Accommodations Request Form-New Students to the nearest CBC location or email Disability@CoastalBend.edu       

    2.     Submit appropriate medical documentation from a licensed professional such as: medical doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.   

     **Individualized Education Plan (IEP's), 504 plans, and Summary of Performance (SOP's) provide information about the student’s educational and accommodation history. Some of the information may be irrelevant in the post-secondary context therefore, additional documentation may be required. All documentation submitted must be no more than five years old.    

         **Medical documentation must  

    ·         Provide information regarding the student's specific disability.    

    ·         Describe functional limitations (In an educational setting.)    

    ·         Describe specific accommodations.      

    ·         Establish the evaluator’s credentials (License, Specialization, etc.)  

    3.     You will be asked to schedule an appointment with the Disability Coordinator to discuss accommodations needed.   

    4.     After academic accommodations have been discussed, a letter will be given to the student and instructor with the approved services for the semester.   

    Returning Students     

    1.      Fill out and submit the Accommodations Renewal Form for returning students to your nearest CBC location or email Disability@CoastalBend.edu        

    2.      Provide any updated documentation of your disability.   

    3.      If there will be any changes in your accommodations, please contact the Disability Services Office to discuss them.     

    4.      Pick up letters of Accommodation and deliver them to your instructors.   


       *** It is your responsibility as a student to renew your academic accommodations each semester. ***