Frequently Asked Questions

1. How do I apply for Admissions?
Go to

2. How do I request a transcript?
A Coastal Bend College transcript may be requested in person at the Admissions/Registrar’s Office in Beeville, or at the Alice,
Kingsville, or Pleasanton main offices.The Transcript Request form is available online at the CBC website at > Current Students >
Admissions/Registrar > Student Forms > Transcript Request.
Transcripts are usually ready to be picked up/mailed within five to seven business days after the request is received at the
Admissions/Registrar’s Office in Beeville. During busy periods, requests may take up to seven business days to process. For an
immediate copy of your (non-official) transcript, please use our online services. This service is accessible from any personal
computer by going to our website: and clicking on “Cougar Den” in the upper right hand corner.
If a third party person has been requested to pick up, proper ID must be presented.

3. How do I add/drop a course?
Online Adding/Dropping/Withdrawing Class(es)
To add/drop a class you need to fill out an add/drop form.
Limitation on Number of Course Drops
(Senate Bill 1231)
Under section 51.907 of the Texas Education Code, “an institution of higher education may not permit a student to drop more than six
courses, including any course a transfer student has dropped at another institution of higher education.” This statute was enacted by
the State of Texas in spring 2007 and applies to students who enroll in a public institution of higher education as first-time freshmen in
fall 2007 or later. Exemptions may apply.
Total College Withdrawal Policy
A student who finds it necessary to withdraw from Coastal Bend College before the end of the regular term should confer immediately
with his or her success coach. An Add/Drop form must be completed. Failure to do so may result in the issuance of failing grades in
all subjects for which the student enrolled. Additionally, an email must be sent to the Registrar informing of plan to completely
withdraw from Coastal Bend College. By doing this, it lets the Registrar’s Office know that student no longer wishes to be a student.
There is no withdrawal via telephone. Students should contact the Business Office and Financial Aid Office to ensure that they have
no holds and complete any necessary documents.
Revised 10/2023

4. How do I clear a department office hold?
You need to contact the following offices:
Hold Contact Phone Number
Business Hold Business Office 361-354-2220
Financial Aid Hold Financial Aid Office 361-354-2238
Library Hold Library Office 361-354-2737
Registrar’s Hold Admissions/Registrar’s Office 361-354-2217
Bacterial Meningitis Hold Admissions/Registrar’s Office 361-354-2217

5. How do I view/print an unofficial transcript?-Once you have successfully logged into Cougar Den, under Campus Applications, click on Student Self-Service
-Click on Graduation Cap
-Under Academics drop down menu, click on Unofficial Transcript
Revised 10/2023
-Click on Undergraduate Transcript or Unofficial Transcript
Undergraduate Transcript contains TSI and core completion
For official transcripts, please contact our Admissions/Registrar’s Office at 866-722-2838 ext. 2217.
If you need further assistance or if you are unable to login to Cougar Den, you may contact Erica Castillo at 866-722-2838 ext. 2522
for support.
Coastal Bend College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age or disability.