Cost of Attendance
Satisfactory Progress Policy
Pell Grants | Additional Grants
1. Pell Grant awards for the school year are based upon enrollment beginning with the fall semester. To receive a Pell Grant payment students must submit their Student Aid Report to the Financial Aid Office by their last day of enrollment. 2. Students who have completed all financial aid requirements, may charge tuition, fees, and books from the college bookstore to the maximum awards for a semester at semester award minus the amount owed to the college.
3. Withdrawing from all classes or failure to continue attending after receiving this disbursement may require you to repay a part of your award. For more information see Financial Aid Refund & Repayment in the CBC Catalog or see your Financial Aid Advisor.
4. Student will receive full Pell Grant awards over two (2) semesters. This is particularly important for students who plan to enroll for the twelve month periods. (see below for summer enrollment.) Summer Pell Grant Awards
1. Student who have not received their full scheduled award during the fall and spring semester may be eligible to receive Pell Grants during the summer.
Students who received a full-time payment for the fall and spring semester will not be eligible for a summer payment.
Calculation of Pell Grant Awards
1. The Pell Grant Award is based upon (1) Expected Family Contribution (EFC), (2) the number of hours a student is enrolled, and (3) cost of education. 2. A student must be enrolled for at least twelve (12) hours to receive the full Pell Grant award; students enrolled for less than twelve (12) semester hours will receive a proportionate award based upon their enrollment.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)